CH U-CD HR Legacy's Mountain Sprite UDT, OA, AD, SchH3, IPO1, FH, HIC,CKC CD
OFA Excellent/Normal elbows, CERF clear
Justin is both our first Belgian Tervuren and an outstanding representative of the breed. He exemplifies many of the qualities that we wish to produce in our breeding program and he is the foundation of Sprite Tervuren.
Justin has moved to Canada to spend his retirement years pursuing Canadian performance titles, working as an all purpose ranch dog, and acting as a devoted friend and companion to Walter English.
While Justin is desperately missed at Sprite Tervuren, I am grateful to Walter for providing this opportunity for my very, very special boy.
OFA: hips BT-2485E24M, Elbows BT-EL264
No known seizures to date (11+ years). He is a consistently healthy dog, never showing any allergies, skin problems, or other sensitivities. Likewise, his littermates and his parents have demonstrated excellent health and a strong basic constitution.
Justin is a working dog with a rock solid temperament. His most desirable working qualities are his ability to learn and retain new skills very quickly, his enthusiasm for attempting any new activity or challenge, and his willingness to accept direction. He also shows a number of other excellent attributes including: utter devotion to his family; cheerful and constant good nature; enthusiasm for any and all work; balance between prey and defensive drives; excellent recovery from stress; courage; work ethic and low distractibility. He is a very serious worker, and rarely makes mistakes once an exercise is understood.
Structure and Overall Appearance:
Justin is very sound. He has one of the best front assemblies that I've seen on a Belgian Tervuren and a balanced rear as well. This combines to create extremely smooth, balanced movement. He measures 24" tall and 24.5" long. Justin presents the appearance of a much larger dog, due to his substantial bone structure and his thick coat. His topline is absolutely solid.
- Tracking Dog Degree (TD) at 14 months of age.
- Companion Dog Degree (CD) at 16 months of age, completing his title with a High In Trial win at the 1996 ABTC National specialty. This made Justin the youngest Tervuren ever to win this honor.
- Accumulated enough points in three shows to rank #11 Belgian Tervuren Novice Obedience Dog in 1995.
- Breed Champion (CH) at 16 months of age with multiple Best of Breeds over group winning specials. His first best of Breed occurred at ten months of age over an entry of four specials.
- Companion Dog Excellent (CDX) at 19 months of age. Accumulated enough points in his three qualifying trials to earn the #19 Belgian Tervuren Open Obedience Dog in 1995, the same year he ranked in Novice.
- Utility dog (UD) at 29 months of age, completed in three straight shows with two firsts and one second place award.
- Youngest CH/UDT on record with the American Belgian Tervuren Club.
- Novice Agility (NA) title earned in three shows with two first and one second place award.
- UKC CD (U-CD) title earned in three shows at 3.5 years of age.
- Open Agility (OA) title earned with two first and one second place award.
- Schutzhund One (SchH1) at three years of age, with High Scoring Obedience in Trial, and High Scoring SchH1 Protection. Score: 80/94/93p.
- Schutzhund Two (SchH2) at four years of age with a Reserve High In Trial, and High Scoring Obedience. Score: 80/93/92p, (and this was one tough judge!)
- Schutzhund Three (SchH3) at four years of age, with another High Scoring Obedience in Trial award. Score: 88/95/80.
- IPO One (IPO1) at four and a half years of age with an 86-94-93 and compliments from the judge on his strong and vigorous bites, excellent, attentive guarding, and perfect outs.
- Fahrtenhund (FH) (Advanced Tracking title) at nearly five years of age with a score of 90 and compliments from the judge on his problem solving ability and deep nose.
- CKC Companion Dog (CD) at eight years of age.
Copyright ©1996-Sprite Belgians. All rights reserved. Photos copyright their respective artists.